BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) provides innovative and integrated solutions as a leading global provider of performance measurement, analytics and attribution services to Multi National, Corporate, Insurance, Investment Manager and Local Authority/Government clients, pension funds and consultants.
The team has responsibility for timely and accurate reporting for a range of BNY Mellon Asset Servicing and outsourcing affiliates. We report on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis and our services are accessed via the Internet, desktop or customised hardcopy reports. We also provide regulatory reporting as part of a BNY Mellon services provided to clients in certain markets.
As an Analyst within the GRS Department, you will be providing high quality investment reporting to external and internal clients, ensuring output is accurate and delivering services within pre-defined deadlines. You will be closely cooperating with a range of internal teams, external suppliers as well as BNYM clients.
• To participating in the service delivery of portfolio and benchmark Investment Performance calculations on a daily/monthly/quarterly/annual/ad-hoc basis for one or more large, complex client relationship;
• To take responsibility for the accuracy of all provided data including regular and ad-hoc reports which contains investment performance measurements (total/security level return, money/time-weighted return, attribution, CTR, etc.);
• To actively use different methods of performance measurement calculations in order to provide a continuous high level of client service;
• To effectively respond to all external and internal queries on all performance related matters in a prompt and complete manner;
• To provide effective communication of all work undertaken. To follow Production Support Model in order to keep stakeholders fully updated regarding any service delays or client issues, providing supporting information as required.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Working in a team to deliver best possible client reporting services in a daily operations regime,
• Supporting day-to-day investment performance reporting activities, including fund data setup and client change maintenance,
• Generating and providing information to all questions received from both internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
• At least basic understanding of Investment Performance Measurement and/or capital markets including knowledge of performance methodologies and the principles of attribution;
• At least 1 year of work experience in the area of client reporting/investment performance/accounting/finance;
• Excellent analytical skills with a proven track record of working with comprehensive financial/numerical data. Experience working with large and complex databases and an ability to understand how they function/interact;
• Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilizing advanced functions would be desirable;
• Finance/Statistics/Maths/Economics related experience or degree is essential;
• Certificate of Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM, CFA Institute) qualification is advantageous.
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)