BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
BNY Mellon Data Studio is a large part of the DNA product suite providing users with intuitive ways to glean value from their data by leveraging BI, Knowledge Graphs, Machine Learning and AI. We are very much at the beginning stages of a long journey.
We are seeking talented Engineers that have both the aptitude and attitude to help Architect/Design/Implement/Innovate Studio.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Principal, Back-End Developer to join our team in Wroclaw.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• You will own the code. You will be entrusted to bring forth unique/innovative solutions to challenging problems and own them from ideation through implementation.
• Within an Agile environment, own the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of API services written primarily in Python with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in Azure.
• You have a strong background in developing software using Python
• Understand database structure and connectivity with Python – using ORM and other techniques for performant data management
• Needs to have worked in Agile, automated code assessment and extremely comfortable with TDD at 100% coverage requirements
• Comfortable with REST based API interfaces
• Role will require extensive use of publish/subscribe, loosely coupled, asynchronous, queue based architectures, awareness is helpful
• Deep knowledge of securities, classifications, positions and transactions is a plus
• Investment industry knowledge is a plus
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)