Machine Learning Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are building platforms and custom solutions within UBS. You will contribute by researching AI technologies and tools, providing expertise in the Machine Learning domain and developing products. You will be playing and important role in automation of existing banking processes and creating new exciting opportunities with machine learning. You will drive projects from proof of concept, all the way to production deployment.
The role includes:
• Understanding existing processes within the bank and proposing clever ML based optimizations
• Researching new AI technologies and papers, open source and proprietary tools to solve real-life problems
• Creating proofs of concepts of new ML solutions and systems
• Involvement in development of mature AI platforms
• Optimizing, validating and preparing code for production uses
• Code reviews, knowledge-sharing and consulting
• Shaping road-maps of products and platforms
• Frequent interactions with business owners and subject matter experts
• Public presentation of the research results
We are a young and dynamic team that expands the use of AI in the financial domain. Our goal is to leverage newest research and technologies to automate processes and build state-of-art solutions strengthening our position as digital pioneers in investment banking and wealth management.
We are AI enthusiasts, tackling hardest financial and operational problems with modern, deep-learning based approaches. We look for a smart, agile person with passion for empowering others with technology, to help us drive AI evolution inside the bank.
We are looking for AI enthusiast with strong background in applied machine learning. AI is evolving rapidly, and you can prove that you stay up to date with it. If you worked on projects where AI is used to solve real-life problems, generate provable ROI and bring real value to customers, you could be a great match for us. We preferably look for someone with experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP), recommendation engines and building AI platforms but if you have other relevant experience do not hesitate to apply.
Expertise you should have:
• Strong Python skills with experience in Data Science stack (numpy, sklearn, pandas, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Practical knowledge of Deep Learning (PyTorch or Tensorflow, use of GPU)
• Practical knowledge of common architectures of Neural Networks (LSTMs, Transformers, Convolutional, etc.)
• Ability to design, apply and optimize supervised and unsupervised ML models
• Testing, validation, assessing models performance and accuracy
• Developing systems blending rule based algorithms with ML models
• Basic knowledge of MLOps (models lifecycle, setting up environments, using pipelines)
• Usage of version control systems and project tracking tools (e.g. GitLab, JIRA, Asana)
It would be also a plus:
• Experience with NLP tools (NLTK, SpCy etc.)
• Practical knowledge of Transformers Architecture, most common Transformers (like BERT or GPT2) and libraries like Hugging Face Transformers
• Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure) and containerisation tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of investment banking and wealth management
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."