Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Systems Administrator !
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate system hardware and software installs, patch installations, upgrades and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain related application specific/OS performance tuning
- Perform daily administration tasks (e.g. provisioning, onboarding,).
- Coordinate regularly scheduled preventive maintenance (e.g. system, apply fixes).
- Develop effective and efficient system configurations to provide appropriate resiliency and availability of applications/systems.
- Develop, document and implement processes to extend, augment, or create new capabilities.
- Identify and deliver on process improvement ideas.
- Interact with Global Production Management, other systems staff, vendors or clients in support of connection configuration, testing, operational support and troubleshooting system problems.
- Provide architectural guidance on standards and procedures for the efficient use of resources.
- Provide production and development systems support (including off hours support on a rotating basis).
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Strong Communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of technical curiosity.
Though not required, some experience or basic understanding in the following areas would be a plus:
- Experience with Managed File Transfer (MFT) software a plus.
- Basic understanding of VM and virtual host management a plus.
- Basic understanding of system monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of SQL (query, schema navigation – MS SQL Server) a plus.
- Basic understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts (Firewall, Load Balancers, Proxy, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with supporting & administering applications/systems running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or Linux variant) and Microsoft Windows a plus.
- Basic understanding of Windows/Linux utilities and scripts a plus.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.