Junior Operational Risk Manager
Job Reference #
Are you interested in Risk Control? Are you keen in learning more about operating effectiveness and resolution of control deficiencies? Do you know how to solve problems and influence stakeholders?
We are looking for a Risk Control Specialist to:
• pro-actively manage operational risk by supporting the Risk COO functions with operational risk identification and reviewing key risk indicators
• support and challenge the functions to ensure a robust assessment of identified issues and to understand the root cause, and work with the functions to agree on sustainable remediation plans that align with the UBS group-wide Operational Risk Framework and GIA assurance expectation
• track issues and actions in the relevant system and ensure updates are entered timely
• manage and facilitate the documentation and on-going maintenance of Key Procedural Controls; support the functions in the review and challenge of the semi-annual control assessments
• provide support on special projects as well as ad-hoc requests related to Risk Governance & Controls
You will be working in the Risk COO CoS Office team in Krakow. Our main responsibility is to manage and coordinate the various tasks to sustain effective day-to-day operations and controls for the Risk COO function incl. workforce, financial forecasts and cost controls for the department and the oversight of the adequacy and robustness of the internal operational risk control environment (e.g. reviewing operating effectiveness, resolution of control deficiencies).
• a university degree (bachelor or master) – preferably Economics/Business Management
• understanding of Risk Management concepts and their implementation in practice
• excellent time management skills and ability to set priorities effectively
• flexible personality with ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• fluent in spoken and written English
• a strong communicator and team player, comfortable with interacting and collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to help them to achieve their goals
• comfortable with working with a remote team and line manager
• analytical and proactive with a sharp eye for detail
• 'control-minded' with the ability to identify control gaps to lead and support the development of robust solutions
• strong, confident self-motivated contributor who is comfortable working independently to look ahead, anticipate, challenge and manage around obstacles
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."