Senior Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing IT systems to life? Do you enjoy problem solving in elegant ways? Do you have an analytic mind? If so, you could be the right person for this role. UBS is looking for a senior Java developer to join it’s Logistics IT team to build and expand applications used by a number of global team in the bank. We are looking for a developer who can:
• Develop new and complex changes from requirements through to implementation
• Expand and enhance the applications to maximise the value they provide
• Identify and implement improvements to the design and stability of the platform
• Develop in-line with UBS methodologies, policies and procedures
• Assist our migration to Cloud and re-platform applications on Azure
• Further automate our build chain including automation of testing
You will be part of the Logistics IT team within Finance, Risk and Analytics IT organization. Our software and tools are at the heart of UBS's Corporate Centre where we provide bank-wide solutions to support the business processes in these functions. The team is global based in Switzerland, UK, EMEA, APAC and the US.
• 5+ years of hands-on development experience
• Strong knowledge of Java including Junit and Test Driven Development approaches.
• Experience of back-end development in Oracle/PostgreSQL/relational databases plus use of an object relational-mapping framework such as Hibernate or JPA
• UNIX hands-on skills including knowledge required to setup and run application in these environments
• Knowledge and experience of working with Spring 5 framework and SpringBoot
• Comfort with writing and amending complex SQL queries
• Familiarity with automated build-chain especially use of Maven and Hudson
• Proven problem-solving ability in both development of changes and resolution of issues
• Experience of working on Cloud based applications and migrating applications to Cloud (Nice-to-have)
• A team player who is comfortable operating in a global team
• A strong communicator who can present technical ideas in an easy-to-understand fashion
• A self-starter who looks to take ownership of problems and see them to resolution
• Comfortable with working in Agile methodologies especially scrum
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."