Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
The Systems Project Leader acts as a mediator between technical and business user groups during the critical requirements phase of a development project. S/he is responsible for directing the day-to-day functions of the members of his/her team as well as technical responsibilities including designing codes and applications along with performing analysis for problem resolution.
- Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, dataflow diagramming, screen design, etc.
- Maintain issue log; coordinate and support communications surrounding both systems and user acceptance for assigned project(s).
- Manage application design through the various lifecycle stages from business need through design and delivery.
- Design, development and delivery of effective business applications.
- Identify and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
- Facilitate the definition of functional requirements by working with programmer analysts and users in prototyping and design sessions.
- Translate and present project concepts into effective visual images which clarify design elements and issues for both business and technical audiences.
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Performs analysis oversight during initial design and problem solving of programming assignments.
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Project Workbench, or other project management tools.
- At least 6 years of product development experience, including experience in a management or team lead role.
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to translate customer input and ideas into functional requirements specifications.
- Knowledge of programming languages, object oriented design and distributed client/server architectures.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of other.