Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Corporate Actions & Tax Systems Business Analyst acts as a liaison between technical and business user groups. The individual is responsible for defining and documenting business systems requirements and ensuring technology solutions enhance and support the Corporate Actions & Tax business operations. The individual also identifies technology alternatives and recommends system solutions to business and technical audiences. The Systems Business Analyst participates in all phases of the systems development life cycle – from project scoping, planning, requirements definition and UI design to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
- Understands the Product/System architecture and functionality and assesses the feasibility of client requests and applies the features of the various products as applicable.
- Gather and document requirements of proposed changes and help set scope definition.
- Prepare the appropriate documentation to support clients’ technology requests such as User Stories/ Business System Documents, Acceptance Criteria/Test Cases, Implementation Checklists and Post Implementation Support Documents.
- Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, dataflow diagramming, screen design, etc.
- Translate and present project concepts into effective visual images which clarify design elements and issues for both business and technical audiences.
- Translate system workflows into system configuration.
- Identify gaps in current products or solutions and recommend and create new solutions to fill these gaps.
- Maintain issue log; coordinate and support communications surrounding both systems and user acceptance for assigned projects.
- Identify, mediate, resolve and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
- Ensure methodology is followed for project; provide meaningful feedback in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines.
- Participate in development and execution of test plans and test cases.
- Conduct user training.
Education level and relevant experience
- BA/BS degree and/or related work experience in Corporate Actions & Tax processing.
- Expert analytical skills and 2-3 years of proven experience in systems analysis, defining and documenting business requirements and performing traceability of all relevant documentation, preferably at a financial services company.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and SDLC process is required.
- Basic technical knowledge like programming skills, knowledge of SQL, database design.
- Experience in GUI design is preferred .
- Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Familiarity with work management tools like JIRA, Confluence.
- Great communication, organizational, interviewing skills.
- Experience working with a Global team.
- Operational business knowledge is preferred.
- Fluent English.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others