Your Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver the highest quality of service in payroll operations by executing all activities in compliance with existing procedures, legal regulations and customer requirements
- Process any payroll data in accordance with legal, IBM and the customer requirements related to personal data protection
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of end to end payroll processing
- Partner with the customer’s stakeholders to resolve any issues related to payroll inputs
- Carry out the validation of payroll transactions and collaborate with payroll stakeholders to resolve any issues
- Process payroll payments in the bank system including any controls and initiate the treasury release
- Monitor the status of payroll payments and handle the rejections
- Perform any statutory / compliance activities (registration of new employees, filing of tax returns, etc.) as required for the assigned countries / Monitor their execution by third part provider
- Collaborate with BPO Country Lead to reply to any queries or requests from the local authorities / Collaborate with BPO Country Lead and third party provider reply to any queries or requests from the local authorities
- Perform the tasks supporting the accounting function: generate the journals, reply to queries, provide copies of documents
- Execute the process of electronic Payslips handling ➔ Communicate any risks to payroll processing or deadlines in accordance with escalation paths
- Report the status of payroll activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Support year end processes or any other country specific processes not related to monthly payroll runs
- Collaborate with the customer to provide information and documents needed for the internal and external audits
- Initiate and actively support any continuous improvement activities or other process and/or tools improvements using the existing change management channels
- Request DTP updates if required
Payroll Customer Service:
- Deliver the highest quality of service in helpdesk area by proper interaction and engagement, accuracy of provided information, timely resolution and overall management of queries from the customer’s employees, the customer or third parties
- Actively take part in any activities focused on continuous improvement of customer service
- Execute all activities in compliance with existing procedures
- Keep the helpdesk scenarios up to date
- Monitor the changes in local legal requirements and collaborate with BPO Country Lead and the customer to ensure they are reflected in payroll systems and documentation
- Act as Ops Lead for the assigned projects
- Act as a backup for BPO Country Lead
- Keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation
- Act as back-up for team members and/or additional functions as assigned by supervisor
- Act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
What we offer you:
- Extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role - you will receive training from your colleagues to help you land in your job and you’ll also act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
- Learning: the opportunity to learn and grow your expertise taking part in trainings and language courses - global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Teamwork: no one is left behind! You will back-up team members when the circumstances require extra support. We are a connected team that flows.
- Innovation: we keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation. Do you have any ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
As a Senior Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for the full scope of end-to-end payroll processing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience in payroll or compensation & benefits operations (2-3 years on independent position)
- Curiosity and need to understand both the details and the context
- Quick learner with a desire for continuous improvement
- Sense of ownership of assigned tasks
- Fluent command of English that enables clear and concise communication
- Good command of the local language enabling payroll related communication
- Excellent organization and management of own work
- Ability to coordinate the execution of payroll cycle
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to cope with different situations, different requirements, uncertainty and pressure of time
- Attitude to view problems as issues to be solved rather than obstacles
- Good knowledge and practice in using MS Office
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.