Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivating Java Developer to be a member of the Corporate Actions and Tax Systems team (Custody Systems). The individual in this role will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and troubleshooting of the firm’s applications, primarily for Global Tax Services applications, as well as for distributed applications used by a variety of internal business units. Responsibilities will include significant enhancements to existing applications, troubleshooting issues, and development of the new applications.
Core technical skillsets include Java 10, Spring, Angular , SQL, Hibernate – recommended BBH technology stack.
Non-technical skillsets include a high degree of organization, effective communication, the ability to work within the group, together with System Analysts and Testers.
- Design and develop new and modify programs that meet user requirements, conform to departmental standards regarding documentation, and are reliable and easy to maintain.
- Participate in walk-troughs which review program specifications, source code, and all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports. Provide feedback in accordance with team standards and guidelines.
- Get familiar with the technical design and architecture. Identify and design components to be built and/or modified.
- Code and test changes to programs and their associated components, including (but not limited to) screens, services, modules, queries, and stored procedures.
- Participate in implementation of changes, enhancements, and newly developed programs.
- Develop unit and integration tests that thoroughly exercise logic to ensure application functionality and performance regarding business requirements.
- Conduct technical research and provide recommendation as required.
- Guide and provide training to junior team members.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 1,5 to 5 years application development experience (as a Java Developer)
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.