Senior Specialist in Investment Compliance area
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
- Maintaining the compliance monitoring program with regards to rule building and fund creations
- Analysis of the contractual and legal requirements and implementation into the compliance monitoring system
- Execution of compliance checks based on legal and contractual requirements, including pre-analysis, market conformity, lending checks manually, and using a dedicated IT tool.
- Setup and maintenance of funds master data and investment compliance rules in a dedicated IT tool
- Supporting the integration of the new client’s operational activity
- Creation and update of operational procedures
- Training of processes to junior, specialist and other senior staff members in the team and beyond
- Subject Matter Expert for all processes performed by the team
- Testing of new applications and new features of existing applications
- Technical support and advisory role in projects
- Improving efficiency in a team or /and department
- Support Risk team with risk identification
- Administering the effectiveness of daily operations in your area
- Guaranteeing the escalation of problems to head of department / local management
- Cooperating on the delivery operational service levels agreed with clients, internally and externally
- Taking part in the development of new products and services
- Complying with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Cooperating with internal and external audit and operational risk management
- University degree or equivalent professional experience
- Preferably 3 years of experience in the investment fund industry
- High attention to detail including accurate proof reading
- Very good English language skills (min B2)
- Outstanding analytical/problem solving skills and communicative competence
- Capability of working under stress
- Good knowledge of PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach
- Team work orientation and collaborative attitude
- Good knowledge of the investment funds industry and securities market
- Familiar with legal / regulatory environments (particular knowledge UCIT'S / AIF)
- Experience reading/analysing prospectuses
- Knowledge of financial applications (Bloomberg, etc)
We build our culture based on team spirit, open-mindedness and willingness to learn. If these values are close to your heart, scroll down to see what we offer.
What we offer:
- Stable employment, with full-time job contract
- Six Career Paths to choose from
- Complex onboarding and induction programme
- Trainings, co-financed language courses, professional certifications and post-graduate studies
- Possibility to work from home part-time
- Private medical package
- Life insurance
- Employee Pension Plan
- Sports Card
- Lunch Card
- Cafeteria Platform
- Modern, eco-friendly office located near Metro Daszyńskiego station
- Opportunity to integrate and enhance our good work atmosphere (sports teams, chess club, Toasmasters, MixCity, Pride Poland, CSR)
- Initial phone conversation with Recruiter
- Meeting with Business Managers (online)
- Meeting with HR Representative (online)
- Recruitment result :)
The position that you are applying for, is an office based-role. During the COVID-19 pandemic and until further notice, the role will be mostly remote based (from any location in Poland) with few days per month of work from the office. You will receive equipment necessary to carry out your role.
Once the health crisis ends, we will return to the office in more extended scope, with possibility of working from home for some part of the week.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa