Why this role is important to us
GD IS Data Governance Analyst will be a part of a team enabling GD IS Business Units and Corporate Functions to achieve and maintain full alignment with Global Data Governance Policy.
What you will be responsible for
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with representatives of assigned Business Units and Corporate Functions present in various GD-IS jurisdictions, respective Data Governance Leads, Adoption Leads.
- Assists in the scoping and defining of tasks needed to be executed to achieve defined level of Data Governance
- Assists stakeholders in preparation of Data Governance project plans and with their execution
- Assists he GD-IS Data Governance Lead in reviewing predefined Data Governance tracking reports with the stakeholders
- Identifies gaps in execution and flags them via appropriate channels.
- Assists the GD-IS Data Governance Lead in preparation, analysis and validation of any ad hoc reports supporting Policy adoption tracking.
- Ensures proper level of cross-communication related to Data Governance (e.g. calls, presentations, newsletters).
- Ensures GD-IS Data Catalog content is accurate and revised regularly; Facilitates Catalog certification efforts.
- Cooperates with other members of GD-IS, EMEA Data Governance Teams, Data Governance Leads and Adoption Leads to ensure consistency of the GD-IS Data Governance Policy adoption.
- Provides support the Day to Day Steward Community in GD-IS.
- Informs stakeholders of new release capabilities, and trains on how to use them
- Flags issues and gaps identified in the process and toolset
- Maintains strong understanding of Enterprise Data Management Concepts, Principles and Practices Including Database Structures, Enterprise Data Catalogs, and Operational Data Quality
- Supports GD-IS related projects as needed.
- Internal State Street International Bank GmbH Sp. z o.o. Poland Branch procedures & regulations
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
- Roles and responsibilities defined by project governance
- Existing and future methodologies and standards/procedures
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Ability to Understand Data Models, Data Taxonomy, and Data Quality Industry Best Practices
- Ability to articulate business requirements and bring them to fruition
- Experience in (re)designing processes and controls
- Experience in managing multiple small-medium sized projects in remote environment.
- Experience in writing and maintaining operating procedures and other supporting documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must, other European language will be a plus.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including experience in face to face presentations to senior management.
- Strong cultural awareness and ability to operate in diverse and dynamic business environment
- MS Office proficiency is a must (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access)
Business Intelligence/Visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire), Business Process Mapping (ARIS, Visio, Bizagi, DRAW.IO) and SQL query writing experience is beneficial.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Technology or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience in Finance industry, Technology Business, Data, Access Management, Project Management
- Prior business operations role with focus on data/business analysis, data administration/processing/access
- Prior State Street experience a plus
Why this role is important to us
SSGA is seeking a corporate attorney based in our Krakow, Poland office to provide legal support for SSGA’s global fiduciary solutions and institutional services businesses in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity and ethics. This role requires a self-motivated and highly collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and who can work independently with little supervision on complex and time sensitive matters.
What you will be responsible for
- Providing legal advice and support on institutional client prospecting, contracting, on-boarding and on-going account maintenance across SSGA’s North America-based investment management products and services, with a focus on reviewing, drafting and negotiating client agreements.
- Supporting SSGA’s global Request for Proposal (RFP) team to respond to client and regulatory inquiries.
- Advising on ad-hoc business initiatives, which may involve complex legal issues.
As part of a global team of lawyers, collaborating with product, sales, on-boarding, account management and marketing teams.
- 5-7 years of professional experience either in a recognized law firm and/or in-house legal team environment, or a combination of both.
- 3+ years of experience in investment management and/or financial services.
- Fluent in English.
- Commitment to integrity.
- Shows motivation, self-reliance, pragmatism and resourcefulness.
- Great teammate with good communications skills and the ability to build and sustain collaborative cross-functional relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multitask.
- Must be a qualified lawyer. A post- graduate degree is an advantage.
About State Street
What we do.
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers