Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Java Developer!
We are looking for a talented, technical excellent and self-motivating Java Developers to join our organization in Krakow. This position is primarily responsible for development of business-critical applications using the latest Java, OpenShift and Web technologies. In our Innovation Lab we are dealing with brand new applications and platforms. This position requires a skilled individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Contribute to requirements definition - contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others.
- Contribute to application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design.
- Develop application functionality - which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines - develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Thoroughly test all functionality - utilize detailed and thorough practices including negative testing, testing of boundary conditions, etc., and work collaboratively with business areas to support UAT testing.
- Provide responsive support for business areas - quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, “high touch” approach to working with business users.
- Java – must have strong experience in core Java, 3+ years of experience.
- Spring framework – must have experience with Spring (Spring Boot, Spring MVC).
- Proven experience with Angular.
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge and applying SOLID principles in practice.
- Must understand principles of data modeling.
- SQL – must be able to write moderate complexity SQL queries.
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate).
- Experience with test framework: JUnit, Spock, Mockito.
- Fluent English.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.