Equity Derivatives and Structured Products Lawyer
Germany, Poland, United Kingdom
Job Reference #
Frankfurt am Main, Kraków, London
Are you an experienced derivatives lawyer? Are you familiar with fund-linked and equity-linked products? Do you enjoy working directly with the business in advising them on a wide range of legal issues?
We are looking for an Equity Derivatives and Structured Products Lawyer like you to:
• provide in-house counsel to our Global Markets businesses, focussing on equity-linked, fund-linked and commodity-linked products in both derivative and securitized formats
• act as a trusted advisor to our businesses whilst being a “control function” and to provide challenge in order to minimize legal and regulatory risk
• liaise with other internal functions at UBS (including tax, compliance and credit), external counsel and other service providers at a UK and global scale
• keep abreast of current regulatory issues (such as EMIR, AIFMD, MIDFID II and EUBR) and their impact on structured transactions, derivatives and SPVs
You will be part of our Global Markets EMEA legal team within Group General Counsel (GGC), based in London, Frankfurt or Krakow. We are responsible for supporting our firm’s Investment Bank Global Markets EMEA business with legal and regulatory advice in respect of its sales and trading client services. Our function handles a wide range of products including standard OTC trading and bespoke structures, covering interest rates, FX, equities and also consider any regulatory issues that may arise.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• fully qualified lawyer in England or any similar jurisdiction
• experience of standard trade documentation (particularly ISDA and SPV programmes)
• strong technical drafting and communication skills as well as broad understanding of the current regulatory background
• team player and "can do" attitude – willingness to step
• willingness to challenge the status quo, to become a trusted advisor, and to act as a balanced "control" function whilst still maintaining effective relationships with the front office and other functions within the bank
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."