Regulatory Reporting, Big Data Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you interested in developing reporting solutions using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• work with our Regulatory Reporting team to translate business and external regulatory needs using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) into functional requirements. Key to ensuring a successful partnership will be the ability to understand the regulations, the underlying data requirements and calculations so that we ensure appropriate challenge and support.
• document key artifacts including functional specifications (with data/field/table specific information and clear rulesets), process flow documents, test strategy, test requirements and detailed task level plans (working with the scrum master to baseline).
• data model our Business requirements to ensure efficient design, data lineage, ownership and control
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
You’ll be working in the Finance, Risk and Analytical Services, as part of the Technology division in Poland. We provide IT solutions to our business counterparts for internal management reporting and external regulatory reporting (Bundesbank, Bank of England, ECB etc.)
• software engineer/developer focused on developing regulatory/financial/internal reporting solutions within the finance sector
• experience with Big Data tech like Spark/Databricks using Scala or Python
• strong experience with Axiom – but willing to train the right candidate
• strong experience with Abacus/A360 is preferred – but willing to train the right candidate
• excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
• familiar with ETL tools like Informatica
• strong experience in the unix environment including shell/python scripting, OR
• strong experience with data warehousing, SQL on Oracle databases
• experience with Cloud computing
• familiar with SDLC and software development best practices, including version control and CI/CD
• experience with Agile Methodology, Scrum Methodology and BDD
• design, plan and deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
• bachelor’s/master’s degree or equivalent with a focus in computer science or engineering
• have a finance background
• experience in test Automation
• german speaking would be beneficial
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."