Tech Project Manager
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you know how to take care of details?
We're looking for someone like that to:
• who's eager on Project Management?
• who's passionate about being part of the latest technologies changes?
• who's willing to join a young agile global team?
• who's interested in driving analytics and understand problem solving patterns?
Have you successfully managed large-scale IT projects? Do you like managing all aspects of a project? Are you confident in delivering the objectives within highly complex projects? Are you abreast of the latest technologies used across BFSI?
We’re looking for an IT Project Manager to:
• support the delivery of IT projects, focusing on the Swiss On Prem Optimization (OPO) Program
• lead the delivery of IT projects, focusing on areas spanning across multiple business domains of UBS
• manage the budget, risk, dependencies, quality and change at program level
• With a background involving infrastructure and application development.
• Analytical & Strong communication skills.
• Assess applications across all Lines of Business to evaluate their suitability for upgrade by the Migration Factory. We have a mature capability to remediate business applications to remove dependencies on End of Life infrastructure.
• This capability requires applications meet certain suitability criteria. This necessitates certain topics are discussed up-front with the application owners and specific data points are collected. Through this engagement the application owners must also be informed of the program scopes, timelines, objectives, roles and responsibilities. This role will engage with application owners on a daily basis, running through a well-defined series of online questionnaires and discussions. The role will also require clear reporting of progress and careful administration of large datasets associated with the application and server scope
• Drive effective project governance to stay in line with scope, budget, and timelines
• Liaise with project stakeholders, gaining go forward decisions and signoffs
• Allocate, utilize and direct personnel resources to drive projects to completion
You’ll be working in the Application Adoption Factory team based in Poland. We are a global team of 300+ migration and transformation specialists providing architectural review, planning and execution services to a growing list of migration and transformation programs across line of businesses in UBS.
We are always looking to the future for inspiration and embracing challenges. We are innovative and leverage diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions to constantly improve and transform. We work collaboratively to deliver a brighter future for our clients in partnership with our business. Your views, opinion and mindset play a major role in the team.
Technology - End of life/ Tech debt reduction by adopting the latest technologies is our key business. We deliver the Target architecture & create plans to on behalf of multiple programs and to meet multiple objectives.
• Worked as an IT Project Manager, ideally within the BFSI
• Managed all facets of large-scale projects and met deliverables
• Strategic thinker, very strong and clear spoken and written English communication skills and be clear and confident in emails and Skype calls.
• Comfortable spending much of your time in meetings via Skype.
• Have background including application development, either as a developer, a business analyst or a project manager, to the extent where you are comfortable in conversation with common application development technologies, platforms, layers & SDLC process.
• Have a good understanding of server infrastructure, to the extent where you are comfortable discussing how applications use servers of different types (virtual, physical etc including the hosting+Network )
• Have a good understanding of Monolithic to Microservices approach & Cloud terminologies
• Exposure to Equities, Derivatives, Payment gateways based apps is desirable
• Work with the Bank’s Engineering function to identify the Tech Roadmap to facilitate the App adoption discussions
• Work with the Platform, Product owners and Cloud Business Office to discuss the issues/incompatibilities for the on-going/Up-coming migrations
• Foster POC (Proof of Concept) methodology wherever applicable to instill confidence in the migration approach
• Active discussion with the Program Sponsors, Program Leads and CTO across Line of Business on regular frequency to tap the demand for the Factory
• Working with the Vendor partners to derive the Service Unit Price for the Factory offerings
• Reviewing the Scope and Complexity presented by the Vendor partners. Challenge, suggest amendments as appropriate
• Proven success managing technical delivery of solutions in agile and waterfall-oriented teams
• Adaptable and able to work effectively across different teams and functions (non-IT)
• Good eye for detail while drafting Scope and Reporting
• Manage Data quality issues and ensure effective reporting of Demand pipeline including Initiatives, technology, cost breakups etc..
• Solid understanding of business requirements gathering
• Technical experience with JIRA and Sharepoint is essential
• Inquisitive, able to challenge effectively and manage conflicting stakeholder needs
• Related degree or equivalent business experience is essential
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."