Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
As a key player of the finance operations role in Smith & Nephew Global Business Services (GBS) you will be responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient finance transactional processes. Your scope will also cover following the designed GBS control metrics as described in the S&N Finance Order to Cash taxonomy in line with the Group Finance Manual requirements as well as delivery of the service to meet SLAs and KPIs and to ensure positive Voice of Customer feedback.
- Acquire staff: recruitment and onboarding of new hires
- Administrate team: Workday updates; Overtime tracker maintenance
- Manage others: support operational queries, employee relation cases, governance via daily huddles , weekly team meeting and F2F meetings
- Develope others: Performance review, development plans, succession plan and backup structure
- Manage off boarding for leavers
- Manage workload
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of operational summary slides & backup for preparation of the same
- Participate and comment on finance operational summary calls
- Analyze team’s results in depth
- Ensure SLAs delivery and accuracy
- Visual management
- Gilde Path realization
- First escalation point - SPOC for market / controllers
- SPOC for other team leaders/managers
- Manager's back-up
- Promote Continuous Improvement culture
- Encourage and support in delivery of Continuous Improvement projects
- Acting as an escalation point to contact customers to collect outstanding debt.
- Coordinate customer’s queries with the relevant departments for dispute resolutions.
- Manage customer administration needs to help them pay the invoices (send account statement, dunning letter, provide invoice copy when required).
- Manage assigned portfolio of customer accounts for debt reduction and age of receivables improvement according to set targets.
- Report current status and flag any potential risks to Credit Controller
- Maintain customer credit limit.
- Perform blocked order release related activities.
- Proactively build Customer relationship, continually seek out ways to improve customer satisfaction, communication & query resolution.
- Ensure compliance with collections policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
- Degree level qualification
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Fluent Italian or Spanish (written and spoken)
- At least 2 years experience in people management
- At least 3 years of experience in an international environment (Finance area can be an asset)
- Proven record of process improvements
- Knowledge of end to end OTC operational and financial controls, business processes and reporting will be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally in order to maintain good relationships with both internal and external customers.
at Smith+Nephew we offer:
care | multisport
card | life
sharesave plan |
meals and fruits |
growth in the global
zones in the