Graduate Engineering Trainee
About the role:
AkzoNobel wants to be the number one choice for our customers and build a world-class, purpose driven company. We recognize that being able to reach a talented workforce with global experience and skills in all our markets has never been more important to our business. The GET program is developed to give graduates the opportunity to rapidly develop in AkzoNobel and Integrated Supply Chain Department, while having an international experience.
The initial 12 months of the graduate programme will be held at our site in Pilawa which was designed to be the World’s most advanced and sustainable paint manufacturing facility. During this time, you will receive on-the-job training in four different areas; project engineering, process engineering, production planning and reliability engineering. After completion of the first stage of the GET program you will be deployed to another factory within AkzoNobel in Europe. At the end of the graduate programme, based on readiness and performance, you will be assigned a final role in discussion with the regional ISC organisation and your coaches from your host sites.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement projects and identify improvement opportunities.
- Tracks and controls project budgets and timelines to ensure project completion within the approved limits.
- Monitors projects compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Cooperates and communicates daily with project members and stakeholders to interpret their needs and requirements and provides assistance and technical support.
- Uses of statistical analysis and appropriate business excellence project management processes to identify areas of significant improvement and develops plans to realise the benefits.
- Investigates root cause of process failures, develops solutions for non-conforming products and implements improvement plans.
- Uses data analysis and problem-solving methodologies to maximise plant and equipment effectiveness to achieve optimum life cycle cost of production equipment.
- Fresh Graduate (Bachelor or master’s degree) in chemical, electrical, mechanical, mechatronic or process engineering max.1 year of work experience.
- Interested in international career in manufacturing.
- Willing to relocate to other countries on completion of the 24 months GET program.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Willing to learn & experience different functions/knowledge.
- Able to interact effectively with customers, community and other AkzoNobel visitors on a regular basis.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to take responsibility and initiative.
- Fluent in English and Polish
- 12 months in our factory in Pilawa and the next 12 months of development in the other plant in the EMEA region.
- Permanent contract after completion GET program.
- Intensive entry-level program spanning with different function-specific projects.
- Opportunities to start career in multinational company and in different functional areas, such as Production, Engineering, Quality, Planning, Technological and Procurement.
- Valuable work experience in multinational environment.