Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P):
The Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) is a pipeline to recruit, develop, and retain high-potential entry-level technology professionals who are prepared and positioned to contribute to the successful execution of BNY Mellon’s technology strategy and initiatives. The 2022 S.E.T.U.P program will begin in Summer 2022.
There has never been a more exciting time to join The Bank of New York Mellon Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P). Our Developers define what we do as a business, and the way we do it.
Role : Graduate Developer
Start Date : August 2022
Duration : 18 months
Location : Poland
Candidates should be available to start the graduate program in August.
To be eligible, you will be required to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree.
Technology or related degree is essential. This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other.
Previous technology internship is a plus
You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.
Assignments across various job functions within Technology that combine learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
Opportunity to work with industry specialists
Working in a global team
Extensive training curriculum
Ongoing learning assignments to assist in developing technical, professional, interpersonal and leadership skills
Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including executive mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop technical skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities, build networks across the organization and accelerate their careers;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for S.E.T.U.P participants;
- Visibility and exposure to senior management in small cohorts and/or one-to-one meetings;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier technology talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Upon successful completion of the program and based on overall business need, S.E.T.U.P participants will be matched to a full-time role, taking into account factors such as business requirements, analyst preferences, and overall performance throughout the program.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in relatively straightforward projects. Understands and follows the Software Development Life Cycle. Prepares and executes test plan and test data and records test results.
- According to standard procedures writes new programs, working with basic application system designs and specifications and utilizing standard procedures and techniques. May create database queries used to retrieve data from data warehouse and performs data calculations, consolidation, and summarization. May also work on front end development. Creates additional logic leveraging standard report writer functions or application coding. Formats report output according to standard procedures
- Designs and codes programs. Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs as necessary. Documents installation and operating procedures.
- Independently codes and then interfaces with senior level developers/architects to code, test and implement application programs
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where applying
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer