Senior Financial Analyst with German
RtR Senior Financial Analyst will support the efficient operation of the finance and accounting department in Austria. The person will work with various stakeholders in the business to ensure that all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
The role involves close cooperation with the Austrian financial controller and the CFO in the effective production of financial and non-financial performance information for managers and the Board of the organisation.
- Preparing journal entries that reflect the business transactions in the ledgers of the company.
- Performing account reconciliations and taking ownership of resolving any accounting issues arising within given area of responsibility.
- Analysing and reporting variances, working with onshore and offshore teams to help drive improvement in overall financial processes.
- Supporting your local country controller in the production of financial statements.
- Supporting ad hoc requests and analyses, providing information on financial results beyond standard reporting framework.
- Participating in the financial audit, providing samples and working with the auditors to explain Aon’s business processes.
- Stakeholder management, building a strong network across the Finance organization as well as with the business teams in Austria.
- Control over month-end closing activities performed by offshore team;
- Cooperating with colleagues supporting Accounts Payable and Receivable processes and providing occasional back-up to ensure better understanding of the end-to-end finance process in the team.
You will be educated to a degree level, preferably within the area of accounting, finance or business management. You should have experience in financial and/or management accounting & reporting, including external statutory reporting and audit. We will also accept candidates who are currently studying any of the above mentioned qualifications and/or are able to prove their practical experience.
We are looking for an experienced accountant who is not afraid of taking on new tasks, result-driven individual who wants to learn and progress further.
As many of the stakeholders are based abroad, you must be ready to work remotely and be good at managing remote relationships.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Experience as Finance Analyst, or Accountant
- English language knowledge (B2)
- German language knowledge (B2/C1)
- Experience in a multinational shared services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong motivation to work in a dynamic international team;
- Excellent task and time management
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (advanced MS Excel);
- Very high attention to details and ability to analyse data and check its accuracy;
- Ability to asses change impact across processes/teams and identify possible risks;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- US GAAP or IFRS experience is a plus;
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualification will be a plus
- Spotless record and strong ethos.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs)
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more)
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more)
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues