Big Data Engineer (Spark Developer)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Spark, Big Data and cloud technologies ? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? Do you want to support a world-leading bank and wealth manager’s quest to build a best-of-breed data analytics capability for its payments flow?
We are looking for someone like that who can help us:
– Design, develop and optimise Spark jobs used within a cutting-edge analytics and reporting system that is used to support the bank’s critical liquidity management functions;
– Work closely in an embedded team with other software developers and data scientists, building out the capabilities the data scientists need to build best-in-class distributed compute data models and algorithms to understand and optimise the banks liquidity situation
– Have a passion to learn and leverage all the Azure based tools and technologies available to us
– Support your team, data scientists and end users to with how they can leverage your Spark knowledge to build and optimise their own Spark jobs
You’ll be working in the Group Treasury Technology team in either Poland, London or Zurich, working with colleagues throughout the world. The wider team works as a well-organised unit comprising developers, QAs, analysts and data scientists all working together based on Agile principles..
– Strong, demonstrable Python and Spark experience;
– Experience with Data Science and ML libraries is highly desirable;
– Demonstrable knowledge of good software design including writing and maintaining efficient Spark jobs. (Hence knowledge of Scala would also be advantageous)
– Azure experience is highly desirable;
– Docker / K8 / container experience is highly desirable
– Knowledge of Databricks or comparable platforms;
– Comfortable working in an Agile manner and with CI/CD tools (GitLab in our case);
– Have strong analytical & design skills and be structured and systematic in their approach;
– Financial background (Treasury and / or Liquidity management) is a plus;
– Curious and analytical
– Team player, willing to “roll sleeves up”
– Good problem solver and strong communicator
– Self-motivated and solution oriented
– Ready for action combined with dynamic behavior
– Fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."