Senior Tech Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an experienced developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots more? Are you experienced with processing big data in cloud-based environments? Are you interested in full stack development and acceptance test driven development? We are looking for someone who would like to:
• Practical Java 8 experience (3 years recent Java, 5 years overall programming experience) which includes: Java – OOPS concept, collections, concurrency, web services, Dependency Injection, AOP, Unit Testing (Mockito, Hamcrest, etc), IntelliJ or similar IDE
• Work closely with business, product owners and other stake holders to deliver the business solution in an agile development environment
• Take ownership and pride in the delivery of functional requirements from inception through to production delivery and support
You will be working in the CCAR IT team, with the role based in Krakow, Poland. The team is split across multiple locations including the US, UK and Poland and our clients are based in the US.
• Java 8 or higher
• Good experience with "big data" technologies such as Azure, Databricks, Spark
• Acceptance test driven development e.g. using Fitnesse or Cucumber
• Experience with CI tooling and concepts (preferably GitLab)
• Experience with build automation tools (preferably Maven)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in English written and spoken
• Unix commands and shell scripts
• Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills
• Spring experience
• Financial experience (preferably Investment Banking)
• Previous experience with Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) - a United States regulatory framework
• Development experience using agile methods
• Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."