Global Lease Accounting Specialist
Aon Sp. z o.o.
Global Lease Accounting Specialist
With over 300 employees, the EMEA Finance Centre in Krakow provides financial services for Aon entities in multiple countries. In this role of Global Lease Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for processing real estate leases in dedicated system called Lease Accelerator and also you will be key support for all business unites for verifying accounting treatment of new and existing leasing agreements. In this role you will also achieve valuable experience working for a global leasing team and will gain insight into Aon’s culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success in the corporate environment.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
You will have a responsibility over creating and modifying leases in Lease Accelerator as well as Verifying sPIW template (simplified Portfolio Intake Workbook) provided by countries to ensure leases agreement are carried out according to corporate policies and accounting standards. Your responsibilities will also include:
- US GAAP and IFRS accounting;
- Performing month-end closing activities including accounts reviews;
- Support to all entities in relation to accounting treatment of new and existing leases;
- Working closely with technical accounting team to ensure any accounting standard changes are implemented promptly and correctly;
- Performing SOX controls and cooperation with auditors;
- Testing system updates, policies and tools;
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 2 years proven operational experience in accounting or finance function;
- Degree in finance, statistics, accounting, economics or related subject;
- Experience in a multinational shared services environment;
- Strong skills and experience with excel – intermediate to advanced proficiency;
- English level – minimum B2;
- Good communication skills: written and oral;
- Experience with ERP system, Workflow knowledge would be consider as an asset;
- Additional accounting qualifications would be considered as an asset;
- US GAAP and IFRS experience would be considered as an asset;
- Diverse and inclusive workplace - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback;
- Flexible remote work environment;
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs);
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care;
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more);
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more);
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources;
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues;
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.