BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
If you’re passionate about making your mark in the financial world as IT specialist, this offer is designed to help you achieve your full potential. It gives you the training and exposure to learn, grow and succeed in an international environment as part of a company that’s a global leader. We welcome talented experts and graduates to full-time opportunities in Technology Department.
Who we are looking for?
- Passionate Java or Angular developer with strong people and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving her/his comfort zones and thinking creatively
- Inquisitive and analytically minded engineer who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
- Strong technologist with a preference towards developing her/his technical skills in cloud- and microservices-oriented architectures
Tech Stack and Tooling:
- Front End: Angular 8, Bootstrap, Angular Material, Selenium
- Back End: Java 11, Spring, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Deployment: Private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers), Docker, Jenkins, Sonar
- Code Repository: GitLab
- Development and Knowledge Base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence
- Methodology: Scrum & Kanban
What qualifications do I need to apply?
- Advanced English proficiency (min. B2 level)
- Availability to work full time
- Experience in developing in Java (knowledge of Spring / Spring Boot would be a plus) and / or Angular 2+
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in plain English
- Willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages, tools, etc.
- A team-player attitude, including a willingness to assist team members with ad hoc work as and when required
- No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders/business clients is encouraged and used as learning tool.
What can I expect?
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programs
- Language training course
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects including 3 days for volunteering
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount program, employee assistance program, pension scheme, on-site childcare and a parental buddy program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
How does it work?
This is a general requisition. Your exact role will be determined during the application process - you will be aligned to a role that best matches your interests and skills.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.