Market Risk Data Analyst
Job Reference #
Do financial markets excite you? Do you have a passion for data? We are looking for someone like that who can:
• improve, streamline and automate the sourcing, management and maintenance of market data in the market data platform,
• manage, run and further improve the periodic recalibration process of the Value-at-Risk model,
• develop and write requirements and design specifications for process, workflow and user-interface changes in the market data platform, and participate in the implementation and testing,
• monitor and review data quality and develop strategies for data quality assurance,
• contribute to analyses/responses demanded by internal and external parties (e.g. regulators, audit).
The position offers the opportunity to contribute to global initiatives within UBS, interact with colleagues across functions and locations, and gain a good understanding of the firm's Value-at-Risk model, financial products in a global bank portfolio, as well as the regulatory requirements in the market risk area.
You will be working as a Market Data Analyst in the Market Risk Methodology team in Zabierzów (Kraków Business Park). The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the Group-wide Value-at-Risk model. Within the team you will be responsible for managing and maintaining large volumes of market data used in the firm's global Value-at-Risk model for the ongoing improvement of the IT platform in which the data resides.
You will contribute to the success of a small and dynamic team of specialized professionals with a global presence. We will offer you an environment geared towards individual and team performance, and an open collaborative culture that values the contribution of every individual.
• Master's degree in a quantitative discipline or Economics/Finance
• Good numerical and statistical skills
• Strong programming skills in the statistical software R
• Knowledge of database design and Oracle SQL
• Competency in working with large data sets, statistical analysis, regression models
• Basic knowledge of financial markets
• Ability to write technical documentation
• Strong analytical skills and conceptual thinking
• Knowledge of LaTeX document creation is a plus
• Very diligent, detail-oriented and accurate
• Highly self-motivated, proactive and collaborative
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."