Group CTO - Platform Engineer (Big Data Service Azure)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Big Data and Platforms Engineering? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy to define and engineer from the ground up our big data capabilities? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for someone like you who can help us to:
– engineer crucial infrastructure to enable our next generation analytics and data science capabilities specifically on Azure
– develop multi-tenant services, encompassing cluster management, security, resource and quota management, partitioning, monitoring chargeback, data governance, quality and lineage
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before releasing it into production
– innovate and evolve our big data capabilities through research and hands-on practice
– resolve high-priority defects and deploy fixes to production systems
– collaborate with cross-functional teams across hardware, platform services and operations
– advise users in architecting big data solutions and providing training and 1:1 consultancy
– communicate effectively with other technical teams
You’ll be working in the Big Data Platform Services team within Group CTO in India or Poland as principal engineer engaging closely with team members and users in other locations in Europe and Asia and the US.
Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective and well architected data platform solutions and products to our clients.
We architect, engineer and support data platform solutions both on prem and in the cloud using various data platform products. Your team is instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the Center of Excellence across the bank for big data technologies with your primary focus being Cloudera Data platforms in Azure. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
– solid understanding of big data best practices esp having worked on very large clusters both data and compute wise with a passion for consulting use cases on best practices
– proven expertise in full stack integration of data platforms focusing on Cloudera product and related tooling (CDP on Azure, Gitlab, Nifi, Azure Policy, ADLS, SCIM)
– professional certification in Azure infra is essential preferably in DevOps Engineer Expert (AZ-400) and deep, technical knowledge of platform deployments in Azure
– very good knowledge of Azure security and security integration incl Azure SSO (OAUTH, AAD, Centrify)
– knowledge of Hadoop2.0+ and related Hadoop ecosystem components (incl. Kafka)
– knowledge of programming languages Bash, Python, SQL
– good understanding of Azure infrastructure and integration and deployment (ARM, Terraform etc)
– proven experience in cloud integration, container services and good understanding of Agile Methodology based execution processes
– strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
– able to work independently and apply own initiative
– preferably previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
– well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
– able to operate successfully in a matrix environment
– proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in an environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– able to work independently and apply own initiative
– curious, collaborative and comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– analytical and logical thinking
– a committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
– you are the person to approach for new technologies and ideas
– you want to learn new technologies, concepts and procedures quickly
– you are fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."