Together, we’re pushing the limits of what’s possible. We stay ahead to create the new standards our future needs. Start your career with Jacobs – a company like no other that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
For our Global Business Services (GBS) Center in Kraków that provides global support and expertise in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Procurement, Project Management, IT and HR, we are looking for a Project Accountant who will liaise with a project team to ensure that all project costs are monitored and controlled, and support Operations Teams in achieving global and regional targets.
- Maintaining project setup and project close in appropriate manner to ensure completeness and accuracy of project evidence
- Preparing client invoices in accordance with the contract terms
- Providing month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances and all other financial aspects, preparing specialized reports and accounting data analysis
- Preparing various journal entries such as: revenue adjustments, cost accruals, provision for loss
- Monitoring project balances on Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Unbilled and Unearned items, DSO
- Following company policies, procedures and US GAAP, statutory requirements and SOX controls
- Communicating with the project team during the entire life cycle of the project and providing continuous support and guidance
- Liaising with other departments, clients and outside vendors to resolve cross-functional matters
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Participating in internal and external audits
- Interpreting accounting data, analyzing reports and recommending action to be taken
- Proposing process and system improvements
- Providing work guidance and support to co-workers.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting, equivalent major or equivalent experience
- At least two years of professional accounting experience, preferably within an international business environment (Project Accounting background will be an asset)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experience with ERP systems, especially Oracle Financials
- Very good MS Excel knowledge
- Advanced analytical skills, accuracy and focus on details
- Good time and tasks management skills
- Effective communication skills and a collaborative approach
- Willingness to support different time zones will be an asset (few days per month on late shifts till 22.00)
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
- Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations initiatives like Women’s Networks, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport activities)
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package (e.g. private medical care, life insurance, Multisport card, car park sharing system)
- Personal development opportunities, including but not limited to, a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA)
- English and German language lessons
- Independent role and flexible working hours in a hybrid work model.
Jacobs is an ACCA Approved Employer!
The ACCA Approved Employer Programme recognizes employers’ high standards of staff training and development. We have proved our organization is committed to ensuring ACCA students, affiliates and members have the right skills, ethics and competences to add value and drive the business forward.
- Luxmed healthcare
- Generali Life Insurance
- Multisport card
- My benefit portal
- English lessons
- Graduate Program
- Short Fridays
- Flexible working hours
- Company events
- Mental Health Program
At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.