Often called the “bank of banks”, BNY Mellon is the largest custodian bank in the world, with $2.2 Trillion in assets under management, and $41.7 Trillion dollars in assets under custody. For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has been actively building up its Poland footprint over the past few years, and intends to expand its Poland Design team with remote or virtual hires.
This position is open within new pilot fully remote team as part of Shared Services Technology. SST delivers innovative, best in class shared solutions to BNY Mellon’s clients and businesses. Our platforms, frameworks, and operational business services accelerate delivery and elevate the Bank’s business capabilities. Shared services are usable by everyone and offer economy, simplicity, and consistency across the enterprise.
We own an Engineering as a Service function that takes on engineering projects as internal consultants "for hire" on behalf of capacity-constrained line of business tech teams.
We are leading the Agile DevOps transformation for the Bank, defining a new way of working between Tech and Ops, and driving full-scale adoption of DevOps by our technologists.
We also own the Tech and Ops Unification strategy and execution to drive synergies and amplify the co-development of solutions that make the Bank more efficient.
We trust in core values of focus, autonomy, connectedness, and diversity to guide how we approach our work and treat our clients. We further believe that adhering to our principles of empathy, efficiency, resiliency, and ubiquity help us solve problems for our clients.
The Engineering Services Group (ESG) provides internal technology consulting services through an EaaS (Engineering as a Service) function across all business lines, and champions operational efficiency thru Lean Agile and DevOps adoption across the Technology organization. ESG is focused on rapid delivery leveraging best in breed methodologies, technologies, tools, and techniques.
- The team is involved in the delivery of primarily new strategic solutions (green field development) or major augmentations of existing platforms
- All responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions
- We promote and utilize a Lean Agile framework to allow for incremental development of new components and systems – and we apply DevOps principles (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
- We deliver solutions following microservices architectural principles
- The team is focused on client delivery, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and regular self-review of our operating model
- Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning are critical to our culture
Tech Stack and Tooling:
- Front End: Angular 6, Bootstrap, Angular Material, Selenium
- Deployment: Private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers), Docker, Jenkins, Sonar
- Code Repository: GitLab
- Development and Knowledge Base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence
- Methodology: Scrum & Kanban
- Passionate Java and Angular developer with strong people and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving her/his comfort zones and thinking creatively
- Inquisitive and analytically-minded engineer who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
- Strong technologist with a preference towards developing her/his technical skills in cloud- and microservices-oriented architectures
- 4/5+ years developing in Java (knowledge of Spring / Spring Boot would be a plus) and / or Angular 2+
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in plain English
- Willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages, tools, etc.
- A team-player attitude, including a willingness to assist team members with ad hoc work as and when required
- No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders/business clients is encouraged and used as learning tool
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.