Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting (Senior) Client Service Representative in Asset Supervision Team. In this role you will be part of the team providing comprehensive service designed for our clients to comply with their regulatory obligations. Working closely with other team members and supervisor, (Senior) Client Service Representative will remain responsible for ongoing monitoring of client’s investment activities. Your experience in documents analysis, legal or corporate environment and, preferably customer service will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will cooperate with other BBH offices to provide timely and accurate completion of all selected client deliverables and inquiries. To be successful, you will need to be detailed and customer oriented, well organized, and eager to learn. If you are looking to push your career to the next level, take the next step by submitting your resume.
- Primary degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or other Business-related discipline
- At least 1 year of relevant experience (2 years for senior role) in Corporate Accounting/Financial Audit/Finance/Depositary or Legal environment
- Experience in accounting/client service/work with legal documentation considered as an asset
- Fluency in English required. German or French will be an asset
- Analytical skills, ability to understand/investigate complex transactions including review of accounting records, financial reports and legal documentation
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and resolve client needs
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external client relationships
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies to research, analyze, and resolve client needs
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of client’s investment activities, review of the transactions considering their nature and legal substance, ensuring alliance with investment policy and compliance restrictions
- Reviewing of Legal Documentation related to acquisitions and disposals of investments
- Monitoring of daily cash flow movements and supporting documents tracking
- Analyzing changes in client’s corporate structures, by collecting and understanding underlying legal documentation
- Preparation of deliverables related to asset ownership verification
- Proactive responding to related internal and external client’s inquiries on a daily basis by providing quality, accurate and timely service
- Ensuring department procedures and controls are followed and adhered to
- Supporting Team’s supervisors in the management of some processes including escalations
- Working on potential process flow improvements and efficiencies
- Acting as the role model and trainer for less experienced Team Members