Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Asset Supervision Supervisor (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Alts Asset Supervision Supervisor. Working closely with a Team Leader, Supervisor will supervise teams of financial professionals (3+ members overall) who are responsible for fulfilling Depositary outsourced obligations. As part of the duties Supervisor will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention. As a member of management team, Supervisor will devise and participate internal and cross office projects to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of the department’s work.
- Primary degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or Business-related discipline
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Depositary/Fund Accounting (Alternative Funds)/ Corporate Accounting/ Financial Audit
- Basic understanding of commercial aspects of investment funds' activity
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CFA/CAIA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in English essential
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of deliverables related to Alternative Investments recordkeeping/ fund assets' ownership verification/ review of transaction documentation (investment acquisitions and disposals), Alternative funds cash flow monitoring
- Analysis of funds structures, understanding of funds' legal documents and compliance restrictions
- Annual performance process for team members, feedback based on previously agreed goals
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls
- Maintaining solid working relationships with other areas within BBH Krakow office and across the Firm globally