Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Accounting Specialist
The person filling this position will be responsible for assisting in booking of accounting transactions and preparation of financial reporting package. Senior will be also responsible for reviewing of work performed by less Junior Accountants. As a Senior Accounting Specialist, you’ll report to Supervisor based in Cracow who will support you in your daily activities. The position requires the ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of the general ledger accounting system.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in finance industry, accounting, or audit background
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or gained through experience is an asset
- Proven accounting, statutory reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent computer (MS Office) and interpersonal skills
- Communicative English
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work accurately while meeting strict deadlines
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in month-end closing preparation
- Preparing accounts reconciliations
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual reporting including financial and regulatory
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosures
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all tasks
- Acting as a point of contact for stakeholders
- Providing support for external audits