Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Junior KYC/AML Specialist.
Junior KYC/AML Specialist’s primary duty is to review investor documentation prior to the account being opened. The Representative also has to contact investors and bank clients in order to obtain documentation. He/she will also have to handle queries raised in this context.
- Strong interest in KYC/AML area
- BA/BS degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent work experience/internship
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong English skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Aptitude for documentation management, accuracy, and organization
- Strong administrative skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/requests at the same time
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Performing AML/KYC due diligence on a range of institutional client types with different legal structures, in all jurisdictions
- Reviewing legal documents and structures of investors to open accounts
- Communicating professionally and constructively to effectively address and resolve issues with other sections and departments
- Preparing files for internal and external audits
- Building and maintaining an excellent relationship with the clients and their shareholders
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and this evidenced
- Updating procedures as needed with continuous improvement