Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Junior General Ledger Accountant.
In this position you will be responsible, under the direction of Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor, for the day-to-day accounting and/or financial reporting for entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (AIF'), mostly Real Estate, Private Equity and Debt Funds, registered in Luxembourg and United States.
- Basic accounting knowledge would be an asset.
- Working experience in finance area would be an asset.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries
- General Ledger accounting - this includes booking of daily cash movements, invoices, expense accruals, prepayments, intercompany transactions and reconciliation of financial data
- Preparing monthly / quarterly / annual financial reporting to internal (other BBH offices) and external parties (clients, auditors, tax advisors)
- Preparing annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client-related tasks
- Liaising with fund auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries
- Communicating appropriately with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor with respect to all timetables and workflow and communicating to the extent appropriate about all relevant matters with other department members within BBH