Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Operations Lead Specialist to join our Corporate Actions department. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the supervisor with enhancing the productivity of the unit in addition to performing specialized operational securities processing activities to support the firm’s business lines. This includes activities such as: reviewing and validating corporate action announcements; soliciting, reviewing and processing client instructions for electable CA events; pre-reconciling and validating corporate action payments; handling client inquiries and resolving client issues (depending on your team assignment). The role of Operations Lead Specialist will involve assisting in development of team members and improving processes. Part of your duties will also include documenting workflows and procedures and end-of-day reconciliation of work/proof and control.
- Day to Day focus is on executing tasks within defined policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems.
- Ensure daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met.
- Coordinate control/production related activities.
- Coordinate intraday and end of day prioritization and reconciliation of daily work/proof and control.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- Help to ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Manage daily production reporting.
- Processing Voluntary Actions
- Review and validate unexecuted corporate action instructions that team members input into CA platform for dissemination to agents and depositories.
- Identify incomplete and/or inconsistent information that may result in risk to BBH or our clients. Resolve the discrepancy.
- Ensure all clients’ corporate action instructions are accepted and processed by deadline.
- Confirm that all events have been processed in accordance with BBH’s standards of operational excellence.
- Identify and communicate all uninstructed positions for Corporate Events to clients via phone call and written communication.
- Communicates professionally and constructively to effectively resolve all instruction repairs with clients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the communication of complex action details to clients and client service representatives.
- Assist in the development of team members by providing training.
- Documents workflows and procedures for future use in training junior personnel.
- Assist team members with day to day activities/provide back-up support.
- Understands BBH’s Corporate Action systems and workflows beyond immediate team and utilizes this knowledge to suggest process improvements that will benefit the department.
- Assists junior staff in developing and implementing process improvements which will reduce risk and/or increase productivity.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues.
- Review E&O situations and look for corrective action.
- Help to identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposures.
- Education level and/or relevant experience(s).
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Up to 2 years of custody or securities processing or other industry experience.
- English skills at minimum B2 level.
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Customer Service orientation, works to exceed client expectations.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to diligently work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to allocate work through educated workflow management.
- Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
What we offer:
- Being an important member of the organization, we are not a BPO/SSC.
- Numerous learning and development opportunities – language courses, additional trainings.
- Atmosphere built on trust, support and mutual respect.
- Rich benefit and bonus package.
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- Modern facilities fostering collaboration and fun.
- Work-life balance.