Business management, administration and support, Finance, Management and Business Support, Portfolio and fund management
Job Reference #
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have experience in the registered mutual fund administration business? Do you have experience with portfolio accounting systems and financial instrument accounting? Are you able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet target deadlines?
We’re looking for a Fund Accountant to join the Fund Accounting team covering U.S. registered and non-registered products to:
• be responsible for the oversight of day to day operations of numerous investment companies with various strategies. Responsibilities include monitoring and validation of daily the NAVs and review of board reporting, expense budgeting, and fund distributions among other reports.
• be responsible for the review of regulatory filings (financial statements, prospectus, N-PORT, N-MFP, etc.)
• assist in monitoring and reviewing performance of fund service providers holding them accountable for quality services
• contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise
You will join the Fund Accounting team that is part of the COO business for UBS Asset Management. The team is responsible for oversight and control of mutual fund products, ensuring that operational standards provided by all external service providers meet all accounting/regulatory and service level agreement requirements. In this role, you will work independently reporting into a line manager located in New York but included as part of the overall COO team including members based in Chicago and Poland. The overall Fund Accounting function consists of a larger team encompassing support of both the traditional and alternatives businesses globally, with opportunity to work across business lines. You will also have a chance to collaborate and interact with different internal/external teams involved in the business, including Portfolio Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance teams, Transfer Agent, Custodian/Accounting Agent and Auditors.
Our offer is an ideal way to continue to expand and enhance your work experience in the fund administration or accounting business. It is also a chance to work with and learn from some of our talented people in Product, Operations, Legal & Compliance and Sales.
• ideally 2-4 years of experience in Fund Administration or Fund Accounting
• strong knowledge of the financial services industry and the 1940 Act is a plus
• a university degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• an understanding of Fund Accounting and Fund reporting requirements
• an understanding of various investment types (equities, fixed income, derivatives)
• good knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook
• comfortable working with new systems and technology
• experience working with portfolio accounting systems to investigate and resolve issues
• well organized and able to multi-task
• highly motivated and proactive with a can-do attitude
• analytical and detailed oriented
• confident to interact with senior levels of internal management
• proficient in understanding risk assessment
• possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
• capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering all on time
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."