IT Project Manager
Aon Sp. z o.o.
The Project Manager role is within the EMEA Retirement Business Technology group who are responsible for all business-specific applications. The successful candidate will manage multiple projects from conception through to completion and they will cover application maintenance, enhancements and new application development initiatives. The portfolio is responsible for both waterfall and agile project delivery and the successful candidate must have proven experience in both disciplines. The successful candidate must have excellent people skills, an enthusiasm for building high-performing project teams and be comfortable communicating with all levels of the organisation.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Manage execution of the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- May be responsible for managing/ recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Recommend and Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
- Document high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
- Communicates information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Communicates information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them.
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
- Recognizes contributions - praises people for a job well done.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Open to diverse points of view, treats people with respect.
- Champions best practices and adherence to project management methodology
- May serve as backup to the Program Manager
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- At least 5 years project management experience across both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Project Management process and tools
- Experience communicating effectively with high levels of management and direct client contact
- Can operate and communicate effectively with core infrastructure teams, software development teams as well as non-technical business teams
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including agile and scrum delivery methodologies
- Ability to create presentations and write business cases for senior leadership
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple key business priorities
- Project budgeting/costing expertise
- Ability to solve very complex problems and deal with a variety of work situations
- Has innate curiosity and a lifelong-learning mindset
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficient in MS Project
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.