Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Join us as a Senior Java Developer!
We are looking for Senior Java Developer with strong expertise in the development and maintenance of enterprise level, Java JEE based systems.
The candidate will be part of a global team responsible for multiple Applications across Custody Systems (written in Java, having integration with JEE, Web Services, Oracle, IBM, C++ and ActiveMQ) being currently rolled out to our businesses and used mainly by Compliance team.
The individual will work on designing, and developing new application features as we evolve the new Custody platform, and researching, identifying, and devising solutions for software defects within the application.
- BSC in Computer Science or related work experience
- Fluency in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Experience with SOAP and REST based webservice development
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques
- Good knowledge of automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects using tools like Jenkins, CARA and GIT.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with transactional based applications and frameworks
- Knowledge of Custody Services (Corporate Actions, Global Tax, Trade Processing & Settlement)
- Experience in the financial services industry
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Design, development and unit testing of enhancements within Custody application framework
- Research and resolve defects during all phases of the software development cycle
- Support and execute functional and performance testing
- Assists in troubleshooting and tuning production and test environments and assist in infrastructure and environment setup and solution deployments
- Ensure technical best practices are followed during all phases of the project
- Perform code reviews and ensure standards are applied to each solution component