Data Analyst (SQL, BI tools, Risk analysis)
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Data Analyst (SQL, BI tools, Risk analysis)
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Risk Data Scientist/Analyst who will provide Global Finance and global process owners support in assessing risks and identifying gaps in controls and also opportunities for process simplification and efficiency. In this role you will assesses the Global Finance risk environment and hones in on key areas to help the creation of action plans. You will also perform assessment of key risks via data analytics.
In this role you will…
- Design and develop analytical solutions to understand risks across the key business processes
- Deliver cost effective, timely high-quality reporting and analytics across complex compliance/risk organization while complying with GSK and legal ethical standards
- Execute analytics to provide insights to Global Finance risk & control environment and enable decisions on the adequacy of the business control framework
- Perform data analytics on data retrieves obtained from the ERP organisation and build out standard reports that can then be used for handover to Continuous Control Monitoring to operational staff
- Collaborate and business partner with various teams across GSK
- Be a team member on various special projects requiring data analytical and risk assessment skills e.g. Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data
- Participates on cross-functional and matrixed projects to reduce risk and/or implement new or enhanced controls related to key processes or systems
Qualifications & Skills:
- Mathematics and Statistics, Management Science, Operational research, Financial Mathematics, Software Engineering or similar degree (or during studying)
- Experience in using SQL, Excel, BI Tools
- Experience in a similar role in a business environment
- Understanding of data analytical tools
- Able to translate and communicate complex, sensitive information into key messages and metrics
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- SAP FI Module functional knowledge (P2P, R2R & O2C areas)
- Understanding of financial and business processes
- Machine Learning experience
- Understanding the concepts of Data Warehouse
- Experience in R/Python
How you will be rewarded:
We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure within a fast-growing Finance Hub
Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, home office allowance, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
Co-financing of employee’s education in partnership with world leading bodies in finance education ACCA and CIMA
80% remote work available
Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
Supportive & friendly working environment
Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
- Our values and eexpectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture
- These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Supportive community and integration events
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers