For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
What we do:
With global reach and a comprehensive suite of scalable administrative, operational and infrastructure capabilities, BNY Mellon Corporate Trust help clients to drive business growth and maximize efficiency through our core services of trustee, paying agency, custodian, collateral administrator and other fiduciary offerings. Backed by the power of BNY Mellon at every phase of the investment lifecycle, our global footprint and deep expertise deliver insight-driven solutions directly to clients.
The successful candidate will:
The Client Service Lead Manager, Asset Solutions Group (“ASL”) reports to the Senior Group Manager and has primary responsibility for the management of a portfolio of loans in which BNYMellon act as facility agent, and/or security trustee. The Lead Manager will also have oversight and be the escalation point for the Loan Closing department within ASL. He/she constantly ensures that risks are being identified and actively managed. He/she will collaborate with Lead Managers in other locations to identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensuring that they are brought to a successful resolution.
The Lead Manager will quickly address and resolve problems, possess strong decision-making and organizational skills, and will communicate effectively with Client Service Specialists, internal shared service partners and with internal and external clients. The Lead Manager will also actively assist the Group Manager with developing and driving new strategic plan initiatives.
Essential Functions – Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire, coach and provide professional guidance to team members, establish and evaluate performance/development goals/conduct PMP reviews and work to attract and retain talent within the group. Ensure that the team has the appropriate training to perform well and exceed in their role
- Transaction Management: Continuous dialogue and open communication with Client Service Managers and Senior Group Manager on status of work being completed by team
- Employee Development: Oversight of training and development plans for all assigned employees
- Planning: Manage Staff Resourcing based on business requirements ensure adequate cover in place to meeting deliverables providing excellent client service delivery
- The Lead Manager, Client Services has primary responsibility for the management of a portfolio of loans in which BNYMellon act as facility agent and/or security trustee
- Managing the workload of the ASL Team including the Preparation and distribution of notices to Clients and each syndicate lender as required by the Credit Facility, including Reminders, Rollovers & Rate sets
- Processing lender assignments and maintaining the official lender register
- Full capability to support official Alternative Reference Rates in accordance with published conventions
- Participate and lead Client initiatives designed to improve the client experience
- Identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensure that they are brought to a successful resolution
- Partner with Global Group Managers to identify and streamline business operations. Support the efforts to enhance controls by standardizing relevant business processes and consistently managing/monitoring those activities to ensure quality and accuracy. Support key business programs, including business and process improvements which drive greater operational efficiencies and superior client service.
- Serve as an escalation point and communicate effectively with other internal shared services, external investment managers, brokers and clients. This role sets the directions and tones for the client service administration elements of our business and therefore drives overall client relationships and risk management.
- Business Liaison: Build and lead effective relationships with offshore operational support teams to help ensure client service excellence. Track and measure performance of key support teams through analysing and interpreting key MIS/KPI data. Partner with these groups to ensure continuous process improvements are being achieved.
- To proactively monitor and manage the activities performed within our business partners
- To hold regular meetings and escalate any concerns
- To monitor and control SLAs, quality indicators, and give regular feedback to Group Manager
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years Corporate Trust or related financial markets/securities industry experience.
- Experience in Loans (syndicated, bi-lateral, real estate), Loan Agency, Loan Admin and Loan Closing very desirable
- Experience in Loan IQ desirable
- Solid understanding of the product(s) administered by the group and thorough understanding of risk management and control practices.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to lead dynamic team
- Ability to quickly address issues – strong decision making
- Strong Financial Services Technical Skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel
Our offer for you:
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private medical care
- Pension scheme
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.