Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Java Developer.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Java Developer to join our organization. This position is primarily responsible for development of business critical applications using the latest Java and Web technologies in support of the Investment Operations Business Unit.
The candidate will assist in identifying problems with integration of various distributed services.
The candidate will assist in identifying, defining, and analyzing legacy and emerging systems and software designs.
- Experience implementing systems required
- Experience with Java
- Experience with testing methodologies and Java testing frameworks like Junit
- Strong knowledge and experience with relational database technologies preferably with experience in an ORM persistence tool such as Hibernate
- Experience in building SQL queries and must understand basic principles of data modeling
- Familiar with tools such as GIT, Maven, JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge and experience with Spring ecosystem is a plus
- Web-Development is a plus
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Writes new features
- Participates in design workshops
- Setups CI/CD pipelines
- Ensures best practices are followed from a technical perspective during all phases of the project
- Creates integration and application technical design documentation
- Conducts peer-reviews of functional design documentation
- Completes development, configuration and unit testing of high complexity areas
- Resolves complex defects during testing phases
- Can troubleshoot and resolve defects on his/her own
- Production Support: Assists in troubleshooting production environment and tune the environments