Data Management and Quantitative Analysis - IC4Independently works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and participates in the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analysing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical project management support for assigned area with minimal guidance, supports assigned area with advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses.
- Contributes to the development of the techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis.
- Leads data modelling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues.
- Uses technology tools to conduct analyses.
- Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models.
- As an advanced user, may do some light programming or system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms.
- Understands the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation. Begins to lead complex projects in support of new or evolving processes/products.
- Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
- Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to more junior analysts.
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work and the work of assigned project team members.
- Work contributes to the achievement of area goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience preferred.
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.