Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Expense Administration Senior Representative. The Senior Expense Representative is a seasoned member of the team and has proven to be well versed and consistent contributor in all facets of the Expense Administration function. The Senior oversees and administers to fund expense accounts while also providing review oversight and guidance to the Expense Administration Representatives. The Senior also provides leadership, mentoring and training to the Representatives related to the ongoing review and administration of invoices, forecasts, accrual calculations, reporting and daily operations.
- Experience in financial product accounting, financial product reporting, or basic accounting and analysis preferred
- Aptitude for numbers, accuracy and analysis
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of accrual based and cash-based accounting
- Ability to adapt to, and utilize, new systems and tools as they become available
- Above average time management skills to meet the daily demands of assigned responsibilities while also attending to the requests and needs of the Expense Administration Reps and Expense Administration Supervisors
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills to present themselves as a mentor and resource to internal colleagues and client contacts
- Be highly engaged in the team’s collective work to foster a highly collaborative and positive team environment
- Working knowledge of mutual fund products, multi class accounting, and the components of an NAV
- Proactively anticipate client needs and respond effectively to client inquiries
- Consistently meet the demands of daily responsibilities, assigned work, and the mentoring, training and guidance needs of the representatives
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Calculates and maintains fee calculations and statistical information assigned to expense accounts (frequency may be daily, monthly, quarterly, annually or ad hoc depending on expense type or client request)
- Reviews, tracks and forwards on for processing all invoices assigned and/or those specifically related to assigned expense accounts
- Maintains and administers to each assigned expense account’s budget and forecasting process
- Assists with any fund events impacting the expense structure for assigned accounts as events go into effect such as product launches, mergers, liquidations or other client directed changes
- Assists where required with periodic wires, journal entries, adjustments, or other manual efforts related to expense administration
- Takes ownership of assigned expense accounts and is continually prepared to support all accrual rate changes, periodic adjustments, daily fluctuations, ad hoc inquiries from pricing teams, and reporting inquires related to both the balance sheet and the statement of operations related to assigned expense accounts
- Prepares, maintains and evolves periodic reporting (control reports, board reports, etc.) as required internally or externally by the client(s)
- Effectively communicates findings to clients and to colleagues either verbally or written as required
- Continually reassesses, develops, and implements processes that will increase efficiency within the team, while maintaining the highest standards of analysis and levels of output
- Utilizes effective analytical and research techniques to resolve inquiries
- Assists with projects and changes as requested
- Assists with process maintenance and updates as needed
- Provides consistent, positive mentoring and development of Administrator skills and levels of productivity
- Ensures consistent, positive development of Senior level technical and leadership skills