Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Client Service Representative.
In this role you’ll perform reviews of daily service and transaction work and actively participate in the execution of client account conversions and transitions. Your experience in customer service and, preferably, in the fund industry will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will serve as a primary contact for clients (internal and external) and provide timely and accurate completion of all client deliverables and inquiries.
- BA/BS degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- 18 months to 3 Years experience
- Prior work experience in a client servicing role
- Ability to effectively prioritize and resolve client needs
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external client relationships
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies to research, analyze, and resolve client needs
- Experience in reporting and managing multiple data sources
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
What we off:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizinggood health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Proactive responding to custody related client inquiries on a daily basis providing quality, accurate and timely service
- Ensuring clients expectations and deadlines are met
- Working with internal departments to prioritize client requests, deliverables and issue resolution
- Utilizing relevant internal technology solutions to effectively manage client inquiries
- Introducing and familiarizing clients with new technology, automation tools and products
- Completing monthly client reporting requirements
- Assisting in maintaining and reporting on client service related metrics
- Participating in team based project work and audits
- Supporting knowledge exchange, best practice sharing, provide directions to more junior team members
- Monitoring receipt of all client documentation (tax, KYC, account information, authorized signers, etc.) and analyze exposure of missing documentation to BBH/client
- Ensuring proper escalation and follow through on claims
- Ensuring department procedures and controls are followed and adhered to
- Reporting exceptions, errors or issues immediately to management.