For our Client, international manufacturing company, we are looking candidate for the position of
Direct Category Buyer
- manage the supply base for a specific category of direct material (mainly plastic, metal),
- ensure on-going operational excellence all along the program life (project, production & service parts) in line with the global PBU strategies, quality and financial objectives,
- negotiate and implement complex supplier agreements and contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders,
- sourcing, development of strategic suppliers, cost modeling, cost/profit planning, benchmarking,
- develop a Buyer Business Plan to achieve the PBU targets concerning total cost reduction, quality, payment terms and localization,
- link & leverage current / new business across the divisions and different regions acting as a close counterpart with the corporate category teams,
- ensure compliance with strategic supply chain guidelines and policies.
- bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering,
- minimum 3 years’ experience of direct purchasing for categories like: casting and/or stamping categories and/or connection system and/or plastics,
- strong negotiation skills,
- supplier location footprint experience in the EMEA region,
- stakeholder management,
- automotive Industry Background,
- quality & Supplier Development including general knowledge of automotive supplier qualification process,
- problem-solving techniques,
- fluent in English (both written and spoken),
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- an interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies,
- opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas,
- employment in a stable company with an established position in the market,
- attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills,
- good working environment.