Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platforms? Do you want to transform an industry? Crave new challenges and solving hard customer problems using the latest in software technology?
At BNY Mellon’s Data and Analytics organization, we are transforming ourselves and the FinTech industry. Join us to part of this amazing journey. We are looking for smart, motivated, fun people to help us with this industry changing transformation. Already an industry leader in Financial Technology, we are building the next generation solutions to include new and emerging technologies around Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Science and distributed Cloud computing.
As a developer, you will use the latest technologies to Cloud to create amazing customer focused SaaS products. Come help us re-imagine our solutions to provide world-class, best of breed solutions to delight our customers. We shift teams up to allow movement and adoption of new skills! Be prepared to make a major impact on the FinTech industry!
What You Will Do:
Developers work on product teams using agile processes to quickly produce and release customer value. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering and supporting product services. You will deeply understand the customer problems, the technology and will have direct impact to our business.
This requires you to:
- Design and develop scalable, back-end, data services using SaaS based technology
- Create standard Restful APIs to expose all functionality
- Leverage existing open source technology where appropriate
- Solve tough design and architectural problems
- Be flexible in our fast-paced environment
- Work well on product teams with Quality Engineers and Product Owners
- Be creative and willing to take risks
This is you:
- Strong developer enjoys writing code and tests
- Strong Java programming language experience
- Experience with web technologies and architecture: micro-services, distributed cloud services, distributed data, caching, Restful APIs, etc.
- Experience with public cloud scalable technologies
- Experience with CI tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Harness, Docker
- Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment (think startup)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or any equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.