BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing Investment Management, Investment Services and Wealth Management. We offer an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance and technology.
Founded in 1784 by Alexander Hamilton, not only have we been an engine behind the evolution of the financial industry, we’ve evolved at every step. Today BNY Mellon has 94% of the world’s top banks as customers, and we process the one of the largest data sets available globally. We have the insights, solutions, technology and talent to shape the future of finance.
We power the financial market – and we are growing in Wroclaw.
We are looking for software engineers to join our teams. Once you apply you will be considered for all SDE roles, we will find the best project for you together.
How we work
- Agile Methodology (Scrum/Kanban) – team decides and adapts
- Responsibility for full product lifecycle. We engineer, implement, test and deploy on cloud
- First commit on the third day (First day for HR)
- Some mandated by law trainings about financial markets and security – we work with confidential data. Total of 8h within first month
Who we are looking for
We believe that solving a problem requires proper understanding - languages and frameworks are essential tools to achieve that. Our full-stack engineers work primarily on backend. We’re seeking following:
- Ability to lead the team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Willingness to understand business problem
- Flexibility - team player that is not afraid of making independent decisions based on analysis and facts
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
- Bonuses: Expertise in Spring framework, Angular, Software System Architecture knowledge
Your previous experience is value added. We don’t mandate all frameworks – you will learn them here
|Project meetings (long term planning...)||15|
|Supporting team members||10|
Technology we work with
- Test: Junit, Spock
- Architecture: Microservice based
- Deployment: Private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers)
- Gitlab (git + CI/CD)
- Jira, Confluence
You will be a leader of an agile team. Your role will be to lead the team to challenge assumptions, understand the work and deliver it. You will represent a team at meetings. You will influence a team, program or even BNY – it all depends on you. You will find your own balance in those duties.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.