Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Java Developer.
- Java 11+ must have solid experience in core Java and libraries (2+ years)
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns (Clean code, SOLID)
- Spring platform – must have experience with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security) and Spring Boot
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate) and databases (Oracle)
- High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, Continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code
- Experience with test framework: JUnit, Spock, Mockito
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Web technical stack - experience developing web applications in Java ( REST services, websockets)
- Tools: Tomcat, Red Hat OpenShift, Oracle - nice to have
- Good command of English
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Develop application functionality - which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines - develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, reusability, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Contribute to application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; tech stack selection; system integration patterns; contribute to database / data model design.
- Contribute to requirements definition - contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others.
- Thoroughly test all functionality - utilize detailed and thorough practices including negative testing, testing of boundary conditions, etc., and work collaboratively with business areas to support UAT testing.
- Provide responsive support for business areas - quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, “high touch” approach to working with business users
- Be part of scrum development team - participate in Scrum Development team and follow rules of Agile development