Risk Modelling Specialist - Non-Financial Risks
Job Reference #
Are you into the topics of AI solutions? Do you like working in a diverse international environment?
We are looking for a seasoned colleague who will:
• strengthen and support our global model operations team end-to-end in all its activities and tasks during the model lifecycle for all non-financial risk models
• support model development, monitoring, and optimization, interacts with multiple stakeholders ranging from model risk management, over IT, to product teams who are the final users of the model’s output and supports internal review and audit functions as well as regulatory requests
• apply quantitative methods for calibration and testing of rule- or AI based models
• support the documentation of models in line with UBS model governance policies and standards
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You'll be joining a growing Model Operations team as part of GCRG Methodologies and Models, the model and innovation hub for UBS non-financial risk management. You'll play an important role in ensuring our models comply with our global model risk governance framework and driving pro-actively the continuous improvement of the models.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• advanced University degree (Master or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar
• 5+ years of analytics / statistical / AI / ML or rule-based model development or alternatively model validation experience in the financial services, particularly risk & compliance domain as a plus
• proficiency in at least one higher programming or scripting language required (Python / R / C++ / Java) and good understanding of of relational databases and querying (SQL)
• understanding of basic model governance and validation processes
• domain knowledge in non-financial risks (Financial Crime Prevention, Market Surveillance, or employee monitoring) a plus
• good documentation, communication & presentation skills
• self-organized, with a curious mindset, and a sense for details
• high proficiency and fluency in verbal and written English required. Further languages are a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."