Contracting & Procurement Sourcing Lead
Contracting & Procurement Sourcing Lead
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
This is a senior position where you will manage portfolio of contracts, lead improvement initiatives and handle new demands assigned to Category Management Contracting & Procurement guidelines. You will be accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy to optimize Shell’s buying power and reduce the overall spend.
As a Sourcing Lead in Shell Lubricants EMEA team, you will ensure the Sourcing Strategy is aligned with Business/Function priorities through regular engagement with key business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to establish annual, integrated cost saving targets. Your responsibility will be to manage effectively portfolio of contracts, lead OPEX/CAPEX projects, manage tail end spend by working in close coordination with Procurement Managers/Category Managers, maximize value from Operational Contracts and implement Category contracts and ensure continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements.
Internal Shell role’s name is CP (Contracting&Procurement) Commercial Lead. Apart of proven purchasing expertise, the role requires strong leadership skillset, however, there are no subordinatesreporting to that person. The expected skills are comparable to the expectations for the role of junior category manager.
This is an individual contributor role, where the core operations will be delivered to our Production Plant in Spain, but part of the job will be as well connected with the cross-countries projects management for European production plants.
- Work with various customers and stakeholders to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering value.
- Contracting and procuring services as well as developing and managing local agreements under the direction of the Local Procurement Lead and Global Category Manager as appropriate
- Applying leading edge supply chain management techniques
- Applying supply/value chain analyses and Total Cost of Ownership modelling
- Scoping local projects, and analyzing CP business requirements and external market dynamics
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies as well as commercially managing operational and tactical agreements
- Execute Contract Management process for assigned operational and tactical contracts
- Ensure all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category Management commercial strategies and Tail spend principles
- Manage one-off Purchase Orders - Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings
- Manage portfolio of Operational Contracts (aggregated contract risk low and med) and some tactical contracts in line with contract segmentation guidelines and principles. Majority of contracts in the portfolio are standalones.
- Purchase of Direct and Indirect purchases related to Shell asset’s maintenance (e.g. Production plants) and production process.
WHO WE ARE
- Leader in Energy Transition /Decarbonization processes worldwide
- Leading Supply Chain function on Polish labor market with a potential to grow with multi opportunities to grow within our global/inter-centers structures
- Complex and business-oriented projects for Experienced Contract and Procurement and Supply Chain Professionals and close- to-business project professionals, experienced in contracting, procurement and supply chain processes
- Opportunity to participate in Digital transformation and Data usage for Contract Procurement and Supply Chain E2E process;
- Innovators, with whom you would work on Digital transformation;
- Business proximity and true impact of Contract Procurement and Supply Chain function is Shell; /People, who have true impact on business, by developing acumen, proximity and driving real changes in Procurement and Supply Chain functions at Shell
HOW YOU START
- “You are in a Safe Hands” our unique four phases onboarding program
- Attractive relocation package available once relocating from another country;
- Employee Referral Program;
HOW YOU WILL DEVELOP
- By clear career path and Talent Management program;
- By learning and development programs to skill up within 11 Contract and Procurement and Supply Chain competencies;
- By additional funds for trainings and certifications (ACCA, CIMA, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma);
- By Contract Procurement and Supply Chain Mentoring program;
HOW WE WORK
- Flexible working time (home working, hybrid);
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance;
- Comfortable working environment: newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space;
- Improved accessibility of office and sanitary facilities;
- Attractive salary package;
- Shell Card for fuel discount;
- MultiSport Card (12 sports sections);
- Vouchers for cultural and free time activities
WHAT WE FEEL /WHAT IS OUR CULTURE
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect for each other as Contract Procurement and Supply Chain core values;
- Energetic and Friendly atmosphere at work;
- Employee Engagement groups – where can influence on Contract and Procurement and Supply Chain work environment;
- Assistive technologies and reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities;
- “Bring Mother back into the workforce” program;
- Good commercial sense and understanding of procurement (5-7 years of professional Procurement experience - including 2-4 years of Tactical contracts management, Contract Strategy building and Post-Award process)
- Proficiency in Spanish and English is a must (C1)
- Practical knowledge of Category Management process – documented by participation in regional/global projects
- Great Deal Making skills – proven by strong CI delivery
- Commercial savvy, business acumen, ability to work on numerous fronts across several initiatives
- High-energy individual with entrepreneurial mindset, good people skills and the ability to deliver
- Strong Business Partnering skills
- Engineering and project management experience/background will be an advantage
- Professional CP qualification preferred, CIPS Certification (or similar) is an added advantage
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities team player
- Analytical, Continuous Improvement and digital mindset
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell