Senior Group Reporting Advisor - Controller
Senior Group Reporting Advisor - Controller
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The main purpose of this role is to support the effective delivery of the external and internal reporting of the Group results and provide subject matter expertise on a number of accounting and reporting topics.
This is an exciting opportunity to join international Group Reporting Team and take part in the preparations of the Consolidated Financial Statements, Annual Reports, other external disclosures as well as internal Management Information for Shell’s Executives.
The role offers a unique opportunity for well established, professional accountants to deal with a wide range of group level issues, across different businesses and provides opportunities to interface with senior management in the Shell Headquarters and different businesses. The role offers interactions with finance staff across the Group.
- Prepare (quarterly) Consolidated Financial Statements, Investor Relations notes, annual accounts and other information including guideline notes, analytics/reviews to support the results and annual reports.
- Prepare consolidated Management Information, quarterly performance appraisal packs
- Manage relationships with auditors; resolve accounting related issues and quarterly control/closing issues in a timely manner
- Provide advice and support to finance and business community on reporting and accounting matters, in accordance with relevant accounting and reporting manuals,
- Perform analysis of financial data when required (Especially cross business), to provide insights to meet the need for business appraisals and/or external disclosure requirements,
- Support the maintenance and operations of a robust control framework around reporting, through annual risk assessment and operation of controls throughout the reporting cycles to ensure integrity and the safeguard of Shell financial and management data and reports.
- Data and Information Record Management
- Contribute to the continuous improvement agenda of the team, via identification of improvement areas in own space of responsibilities, as well as working on some improvement projects themselves
- Maintain good working relationships and knowledge transfer with others in the Group Reporting team, to support effective backup where needed.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, with minimum 5-6 years of relevant working experience.
- Prior experience in financial accounting and reporting, or external financial audit experience, will be an added advantage.
- Analytical mindset and ability to use reporting applications are essential.
- Good report writing skill is desirable.
- Ability to work with people of diverse background either in person or virtually.
- Driven and committed to deliver results at highest quality.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under considerable time pressure, having an orientation to detail and high quality while maintaining the global picture.
- The ability to work effectively in a matrix environment given significant cross-department processes.
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills, effective at all levels in the organization.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell